Tuesday, January 24, 2006

21

I made it through my 21st bday without coming home wasted! What an accomplishment, huh? Life is is weird sometimes. ALL day everyone at work kept talking about how "important" it was that I get drunk tonight- claiming it was an "American Tradition". Yeah, well, I would really hope that American's would celebrate true traditions more often and stupid ones less frequently.

Anyway, I don't feel like venting any more. It was a good birthday, Ryan took me out to eat and then we met up with some friends and played darts- and I threw really good darts, even Ryan acknowledged them! Though after three years of playing darts you would hope one would be able to consistently hit the bullseye.

I work today- only 7 1/2 hours (which compared to the 14 yesterday is pretty good), but not until 3pm. I'll probably meet Ryan for lunch and maybe run a few errands. I have a hard time sitting at home alone. I like to be with people, strangers or friends. It gets lonely at home. I love my apartment, it is cute and peaceful, but empty as well.

Yet I love Toledo. I don't know why. It's not lovely or active or even that fun. But it's safe. I know how to get from here to there. I have friends. I've changed since moving here 3 years ago. Some good and some bad. Some things I'm proud of and others I'm not.

I'm almost scared of moving back to Rochester. So much has changes. I lost a lot of awesome and beautiful friends when I left. Mostly my fault- I'm horrible at keeping in contact with people. The only thing that connects me to Rochester is my family. I'm not saying that family is not enough, because it is (otherwise I would obviously not be moving), but there are certain comforts that will take awhile to find. I don't know how to get from East Rochester to Webster, or from the movie theater to Wegmans. I don't know if/where 390, 490 and 590 connect. I mean here I know that if I jump on 75S and merge toward 475w and pass Central, Douglas and Secor, get off at Talmade and turn right I will end up at the Franklin Park Mall. And that's nice. I hate driving in Rochester now. There is not one time that I have been in Rochester in the last 3 years in which I haven't gotten completely lost.

Anyway- I'm rambling. My point is just that I'm scared. I'm going to be a married woman in less than 4 months. I'm going to be leaving my job, my friends, my apartment for a very brand new married life in about 6 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home