Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Time

It is incredible to me how time slips away. I fill my days with so many things that at the end of each day, week, month and year I can hardly believe it is over. In two weeks I'll be 21, in less than 5 months I'll be married, in 7 months I'lll be moving to rochester. And as far away as these events seem, I know that far too quickly they will be done and I'll have so many more things in my future...school, a good job, a house, children, grandchildren, etc....and I know when my I hold my first grandchild- when much of society will begin to consider me "old", I'll feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was looking forward to my 21st birthday.

Lately I have felt torn in too many ways. Between work, socialization, wedding planning, family, my fiance and sleep I don't know where I should be focusing my time. I thought I was doing well with the wedding planning until I was speaking to a social friend of mine who got married last May and as I listened to her talk about he own wedding I suddenly realized how far behind I truly am. I still have to figure out songs, colors, catering, flowers, cake, decorationes, ceremony, etc. And I don't have a clue where to start, or how to start. If the wedding were in Toledo it would be a bit easier because I wouldn't have to drive six hours to taste cake, choose flowers or do gown fittings.

I guess I'm just slightly overwhelmed. Yet, I have been happier lately that I have been in so long. I'm excited to the point of not being able to sleep- and I have 5 months to go!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home