Thursday, November 24, 2005

White Thanksgiving

We had a White Thanksgiving this year and a beautiful sunset!

My fiance and I watched t.v. and then went to his great-grandmothers with some Thanksgiving dinner for her. We visited with her for about an hour and then headed back to my place and now he's playing my new play station 2 and I'm here writing.

I worked the last two thanksgivings to it was really nice to have this one off, but it also made me miss my family! My boyfriend's family celebrates the holidays so differently than mine does. No one gets together. Each family has their own meal if they have a special meal at all, and yet they all live within 1 mile of eachother. That doesn't make sense to me. Why should great-grandma eat alone when her daughters are just a few blocks away?

My family has always made a big deal out of the holidays. Tons of food to eat, fun games to play, people EVERYWHERE, cleaning, cooking and loving...I really miss that. As much as I love peace and quiet, I like my holidays loud. I like to help my grandma make raspberry pie and eat real mashed potatoes and watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade and talk to my aunts and uncles.

Anyway, enough.

It was a good Thanksgiving and I am thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home