Wednesday, January 18, 2006

God

Life has been crazy lately. I'm so tired all the time and yet have more to do than ever. I had so much to do today- my day off- and did I get even one thing done? nope. I ready the 3rd Chronicles of Narnia book instead. Not an entirely horrible thing to do, but not very productive either. But maybe that is what I needed. A break. An escape into a world other than my own.

I curled up in my white feather blanket on my bed in my fuzzy pajamas and got lost in Narnia. I love Aslan. In one scene the young boy (shasta) is walking alone on a mountain path and suddenly notices that he is not alone, but is scared to say anything or acknowledge that is not alone until he cannot deny the presence of something large. When the boys asks who is there, a voice replies that it is something that has been waiting for him to speak. Shasta soon realizes that it is a large and beautiful lion who is later revealed to be Aslan. Aslan explains how he had guided young Shasta through his life, protected him. Aslan stays with the boy for some time along his journey. The next day when Shasta was walking along the same path, but this time in daylight, he realizes that Aslan had been walking along side Shasta to prevent him from falling off the steep ledge on the left side of the path.

This made me think. How often am I convinced that I am walking alone, how often do I refuse to acknowledge God's presence even though it is so plainly obvious? How often is God leading me through obstacles and challenges without me taking the time to be aware? To be thankful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home