Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Little Teaser!

So yeah...after 50+ hours of prodromal (fake) labor- I'm still pregnant. But man did that wipe me out- contractions 3-4 minutes apart and lasting a minute- I was not a happy camper! :-) We did end up going to labor and delivery around 11pm on Saturday night because I was sooo exhausted and in a lot of pain- but they couldn't really do anything because the contractions were not progressing labor at all. They said I was really too exhausted for them to try to induce the labor- and I was definitely in agreement. I really don't want to be induced anyway- I'd rather Lily come on her own terms. So, they have me the choice of staying and having an IV of morphine or going home with some narcotics to try to get some sleep...I chose to go home, I knew we would be more comfortable at home than in the hospital and I really didn't want to expose the baby to morphine. The contractions lasted until Monday morning at 8...since then I've gotten some more sleep- thank God! I'm still very sore and tired but I'm okay.

Ryan was so amazing during the whole thing. I don't know what I would have done without him. He held me and helped me through every contraction. I broke down when the midwife told us that the contractions were not progressing labor- I couldn't imagine being in so much pain for no reason. And Ryan just climbed onto the little hospital bed and held me and comforted me. I felt like such a dork. I hate crying in front of people, but I was just so tired and run down. When we got to the car I broke down again (and FYI, sobbing, contractions and a car ride don't work well together!) and he just reached over held my hand...and tried to comfort me. He stayed awake with me the whole night just holding me and helping me through the pain (and this is a man who NEEDS his sleep!)...he never once said he was tired or complained. I definitely felt loved and that is what got me through the long weekend. I think I've fallen even more in love with him after all of this!

Anyway- so yea, a rather dramatic and disappointing Labor Day weekend, but we made it through and soon enough it will all be worth it. I can't be pregnant forever! If she is not here by Thursday I have to be induced...so at the latest by Friday morning I will be holding little Lily!

1 Comments:

Blogger pip said...

you're in our prayers hun! keep us posted, mom:)

Tue Sep 04, 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home