Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Come on Now :-)

I believe little Lily has inherited her mother's stubbornness...4 days overdue and not one sign that she is ready to meet mommy and daddy face to face! :-) She must be comfy! So now we are just playing the waiting game- and I swear each day is longer than the last! Friday was my last day of work until November and I am sooo bored!

I've tried to keep busy- but my thoughts always come back to holding my little one. I put together her high chair and bouncer by myself (I am really bad at putting things together- but I did it without getting frustrated even once!)...and I changed my address with my banks and credit cards, etc (I am also easily frustrated with talking to customer service on the phone- but I handled being on hold forever very well)...I've done all of our laundry- cleaned the kitchen and bathroom from top to bottom- twice...and I've taken my lil sis back to school shopping (mom warned me that she takes FOREVER to try clothes on- and she was right...)...I've visited work and i've shopped...and now I am running out of things to do!

Ryan and I have decided that it would be best for me to change my hours at work to evening, weekends and overnights- this will help with finding childcare. At first I was really excited about the change because I would be able to have more time with Lily and she would only need a babysitter for a few hours 3 days a week...but lately I've started to have a hard time adjusting to the idea. This sounds selfish, but I'm kinda upset about not being able to spend my evenings and weekends with Ryan- and we won't be able to drive to work together anymore...I know we are making the best decision for Lily, but I'm afraid of how lonely I will be...Ryan and I do everything together and just thinking about not being able to do that anymore is hard. Obviously the honor of being parents comes with sacrifice and I am willing to make those sacrifices, but it's still a huge challenge that is at times overwhelming.

I do hope little Lily decided to arrive soon- my body isn't really enjoying pregnancy anymore. Obviously I am trying to be positive and enjoy these last few hours or days with just Ryan and I, but I sooo want to hold my little girl. And it might be nice to be able to roll over in bed without causing a mini-earthquake...and to tie my shoes without squishing my stomach...and to get off the couch without assistance...etc, etc...but yes, most of all I just want my baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I want to see pictures of Lily when she decides to make her grand entrance!

Thu Aug 30, 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Be sure to post pics of Lily when she decides to make her grand entrance into this world!!

Thu Aug 30, 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

We've been thinking about you guys. I was sure she was here by now! Cmon Lily!! :) Can't WAIT to see your beautiful daughter. Love you girl!

Fri Aug 31, 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home