Thursday, September 20, 2007

2 Weeks Old!

We are starting to get into a routine- as much of a routine as possible with a newborn! I've learned this week that there is no such thing as a *quick* errand anymore. My dad invited us over for lunch yesterday and we started getting ready at 10am and didn't actually walk out the door until after 1pm- lol! I don't mind, but it does amaze me how much longer everything takes now!

I have to admit that it is a bit lonely being at home all day but Lily and I are starting to go out more (our big outing today was grocery shopping!), which does help. I'm not someone that easily just sits still, I like to be up and about and busy so I am having to learn to adjust to this slower pace. My parents have been awesome with helping us with meals and doing laundry- it gives them more excuses to come see Lily. It's so odd seeing them as grandparents but they are loving it- my dad would hold her forever if he could.

My grandma is coming to visit this weekend. Lily is her first great-grandchild and I know she is anxious to meet her.

Being a mother is more than I ever imagined. As overwhelming and exhausting as it is at times, every moment in precious and every day I see and learn something new.

3 Comments:

Blogger 83princess said...

She is BEAUTIFUL, Charissa!
So much like you. :)
I will be praying for you guys as you start this new and wonderful journey.
Miss you, Girl!

Fri Sep 21, 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hey Charissa. I don't know if you remember me or not, but we went to school together a LONG time ago at Spencerport - Carrie Kazmierski (I am actually married now), but somehow through a few people's blogs, I came across yours how weird!

Your little girl is so precious. I just had my first about 4 months ago. What a blessing babies are huh? Well, I am enjoying reading your blog. Hopefully you can come check mine out!

Take care girl.

addisonmariemorgan.blogspot.com

Fri Sep 21, 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger April said...

I was going through a box of old letters the other night and found a letter from you. :) And then today, I read Bethany's blog about their visit to you. I am so happy for you! Your baby is beautiful and so are you. Congratulations! God bless you and your family.
Lots of love, April

Sat Sep 22, 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home