Friday, September 14, 2007

Time Flies!

Goodness- people warned me about how fast time flies once a baby arrives and they were soo right- I'm almost scared that if I blink I'll open my eyes and she'll be walking and talking!! I can't even explain how amazing it feels to be a mom- I never could have dreamed I could be so happy and so in love with someone so tiny.

Lily and I went out by ourselves for the first time today- she went to visit her grandma at work so that I could finish up some paperwork stuff at work. Of course my mom had to show her off to all of her friends which made me nervous because she is so small but I think Lily enjoyed the attention! She was so quiet and alert!

Lily's birth was a bit scary but worth every minute. Her heart did not tolerate labor well and my midwife tried to slow labor down a few times (I was progressing very quickly) to give Lily a chance to relax- but aparently my body wasn't willing to cooperate. Eventually though her heart did stabilize and we were able to avoid a c-section. When she was born her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and that is likely why her heartrate would drop so much with the contractions. She was not breathing immediately at birth and it was so heart-wrenching to watch the pediatrician whisk her to the warming table and suction her lungs and give her oxygen- I just wanted to hear her cry and when she finally did I cried too. I got to hold her about 20 minutes after she was born (which were probably the longest 20 minutes of my life!) and I didn't let her go for a very long time.

We are so happy and so blessed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Charissa! It's been a long time my friend...happy to hear you are doing so well and CONGRATULATIONS again and again and again!!!

Sun Sep 16, 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Calm said...

Hi Joy! It has been a long time! How are you?

Sun Sep 16, 06:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charissa!
It has been a long time, I am very well! I'm going to leave you my aol screen name (I know you're terribly busy, but in case you get bored) "snailagainstwind" I would love to keep in touch! Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Joy

Sun Sep 16, 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awe! You are going to be a great mom!!

Keep those pictures coming girl.

Tue Sep 18, 08:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home