Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sorry!

Wow...more than a month since my last post! Can you tell it's been hectic?

I have one more final until I receive my associates in elementary education (a basically worthless degree) and then on to Brockport.

We found daycare and the woman is willing to work with what we can afford!! She is a sweet lady, mother of 5 and grandmother of 7 (all under 4 years old!). She is currently only watching one other child (10 month old boy), which will really help Lily in adjusting to this change. I am still sad to have to leave her with someone other than a family member, but I know she will be completely fine.

Lily amazes us every day with how much she understands of our world. She still isn't saying many words, but she is using sign language a lot more which is so sweet to see! She loves to draw (all over my homework!) and be outside (why does it have to be so cold here?!?), and read books. She does still have quite a temper, but she is never upset for long. She likes to help clean (especially scrubbing her crayon markings off the floor) and loves music (such a cute little dancer). We were watching 'Everybody Loves Raymond' tonight and Raymond was in a jazzersize class and Lily started copying the jazzersize moves- too cute!

We decided to adopt a dog and on Monday, Penny joined our family. She is a 1 year old hound/mix. I'll post pictures eventually ;). Ever try walking a hound? Not fun, she has to smell every little thing! But she is a sweet dog and so patient with Lily.

The day we got her I was doing dishes and realized I hadn't heard Lily for a few minutes, I went looking and she and Penny were lying on a blanket in our room staring at each other- Lily had her little arm on penny's side and they were content as ever. Of course by the time I got the camera Lily was up and running around again.

So, that is about all. I am so thrilled to have a month break coming up- maybe the house will actually stay clean after our thorough weekend cleanings! Lily is great about putting her toys away, but just as good at getting them all back out 5 minutes later, so during the week I just give up and leave them out. At least now we have Penny to pick up the floor after dinner...it's amazing how big of a mess a little girl can make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home