Sunday, December 02, 2007

I am sitting here listening to my daughter, yes my daughter, (even after 3 months it seems odd to say I have a daughter), coo and chat to herself in her basinet. She has been 'chatting' for 10 minutes now and it has to be the best sound in the world. She has a mobile with puppies on it, so I am sure she thinks she is talking to them and begining to wonder why they don't talk back, but I just love to listen to her soft little voice.

I just went to check on her because her coos began to sound sad, and she looked at me and giggled so sweetly with a precious little smile. I would hold her, but I know she needs to sleep- she's been up almost all day so she must be tired. We spent the day at my mom and dads to celebrate Ryan's 23rd birthday.

She had the opportunity to meet 4 wonderful friends of mine tonight at the Rochester Airport and although she was sleepy, I am so happy that she met them.

She is growing so fast. She is starting to reach for and grab toys and loves watching peoples faces.

I went back to work last week. I only returned part-time and Lil stayed with my dad while I worked. I am working with children with developmental disabilties at an afterschool program. It really is fun! I missed my little girl so much, but I know she was in good hands. My sister took Lil to the Strong museum on Thursday and I guess Lil loved the lights and sensory toys. I hope to get her a membership there for Christmas.

We are so excited for her first Christmas. We decided to not get her much (afterall she did get a whole bedroom full on wonderful things when she was born!) and instead we 'adopted' a little boy through the Salvation Army and bought him some toys and clothes. I truly believe it is more important to give than get, and this is a lesson I want Lil to learn from a young age. Although the baby we bought gifts for may not remember this Christmas (as he is Lil's age), his parents will and I hope that will help them feel loved and remembered this Christmas.

Lil's coos have turned sad again so I am going to go cuddle her and hopefully get some sleep soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home